Am Montag, 19. November 2007 12:03:52 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle: > Dmitry Suzdalev wrote: > > On 18/11/2007, Kevin Krammer wrote: > >> Unless I am mistaken it means that if you close a tab, you can undo the > >> closing, i.e. restore the tab. > > > > Hmm, so it is basically the same as "Close Tab"->"Create new > > tab"->"Type the address visited earlier", only with latter two > > replaced by undo operation? > > The stage ->"Type the address visited earlier" may be impossible > for you to do, because you may not remember that address (or it may > have been the result of a series of links being followed. > > This feature seems to be a clone of a feature that I've seen in Firefox > (not sure if it is there by default, or via a FF extension/add-on). Actually, this reminds me of the google techtalk by Aza Raskin recently posted on k-c-d ("Death Of Applications" IIRC): What inspired me was the statement that the stupid "do you really want to X?" messages (which we all know do not work very well - habits etc.) are only necessary because of missing undo. If you had undo for *every* action, the user could just do what he/she wants without such annoying questions, and without feeling regret ever. Thus, the proposed feature is obviously a good one, although it would be even better if it would be possible to re-open any closed window, shell etc. (of course, that's technically impossible nowadays). Ciao, / / /--/ / / ANS