On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Em Wednesday 31 October 2007 16:28:46 Matthias Kretz escreveu: > > On Monday 29 October 2007, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote: > > > Is there a technical reason (e.g. some tools expect this) to use 'lib' > > > prefix for kde plugins? > > > > I was chatting with dirk about this once and he convinced me that it's a > > nice feature to have on Linux where it's possible to use the lib as > > plugin and shared lib at the same time. E.g. applications like konsole > > that provide a KPart and a shell. To save some startup time konsole on > > Linux could link to it's part instead of dlopening it. > > That's a great feature, but that doesn't work in all platforms. > > Fortunately, I don't know of any platform that Qt supports and where that > feature isn't supported. I recall MacOS X being one of them, but I no > longer can find that information. > > Maybe it's for MacOS X < 10.3 (which introduced dlfcn.h and dlopen(3)). Which feature ? Linking to a shared library (which is a plugin at the same time) which doesn't have the "lib" prefix ? Alex