On Thursday 25 October 2007, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote: > No I think he wants what all of us wants: A release that is actually worthy > of being called a candidate release. Seriously, we just had 3 alpha and > pre-alpha releases mistaged as betas, and now the first release of beta > quality is called a release candidate? you're confusing things: the desktop is still at beta4. I might agree on that the first 3 betas were crap, but at least it only took us 3 betas for the final KConfig refactoring to be done, right? ;) All the plasma stuff is outside of kdelibs, and only kdelibs is preparing for a RC. The advantage of releasing kdelibs earlier is that there will be some other applications available that need a stable kdelibs release to be able to release as well. Its just not *feasible* to release your own pet project for Qt/KDE4 right now because if we continue breaking API with the rate we did in the past, the tarball would be broken one week after the release. Greetings, Dirk