On Sunday 28 October 2007 08:09, Andras Mantia wrote: > > On Saturday 27 October 2007 07:28, Andras Mantia wrote: > >> On Saturday 27 October 2007, Michael Pyne wrote: > >> > Weird. Have you tried regenerating your ld.so.cache (which I believe > >> > is done using ldconfig?) > >> > >> Yes, but ... I forgot to add /opt/kde4/lib64 to ld.so.conf. So this > >> helps, but I still cannot understand why the libraries were found in > >> some cases and not in some others. This looks like a bug somewhere. > > > > Ld can link with the full path to the library. Have you checked the > > entries > > with readelf? > > If you ask me about checking the RUNPATH/RPATH entries, yes, I did and > they are not in the binaries/libraries. See one of my previous mails in > the thread. > I didn't mean RPATH. The elf-binaries has a list of libraries, if these libraries are relative they use RPATH of LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but they can also be absolute with a full path. However it is only used in special cases, so it is unlikely. Using "readelf -d" you will find a list of libraries like this: 0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [libQtCore.so.4] or like this: 0x00000001 (NEEDED) Shared library: [/opt/qt-4/lib/libQtCore.so.4] I doubt it is the case, it is just the only explanation I can think of, if you haven't set any RPATHs. `Allan