List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4 release discussion,
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-26 21:20:10

On 10/26/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 26 October 2007, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
> > Because what we ship is a matter of our integrity. We should hold
> > ourselves to the highest standards, should we not?
>
> plurium interrogationum.

... which brought me to a very intersting page, which (besides many
other things) stated:
Loaded questions are used in this way to slip claims into rhetoric
without the burden of proving them, or the necessity of taking
responsibility for unproven assertions.

Wonderful, really. According to the page, we should NOT answer the question.

So I won't, but I DO answer this:

> No one is talking about it having to be as stable as 3.5.8. We're talking
> about it not being clearly broken in many spots.

Nobody is saying we should release something which is still clearly
broken. We release it as soon as it isn't. You just assume that means
it can't be released for at least 6 months, while I assume we can get
it out before the end of the year if we're just a bit reasonable.

Look, many users and especially distributions won't be using 4.0
anyway - no matter how long we work on it. Making 4.0 as good as 4.1
could be won't make a difference.

They will use 4.1, and why not get that one out as soon as possible?