List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE/kdebase/workspace
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-22 16:38:01

Em Monday 22 October 2007 17:42:20 Luboš Luňák escreveu:
> I officially declare dbus autolaunch to be broken. I repeatedly
> get two (session) dbus daemons if I have none running before starting KDE.
> Symptoms are things like Ctrl+Alt+Del not being the right shortcut to get
> out of KDE. Make startkde use the starting code suggested in dbus-launch
> manpage (dbus-1.0.2), if somebody knows a better way of fixing it, feel
> free to.
>
> CCMAIL: kde-core-devel@kde.org

The autolaunch is keyed to your $DISPLAY, hostname (actually, the machine ID)
and username. So, either one of those changed, or it was started manually.

I have never seen an autolaunch problem in a properly-configured system. So
far, all autolaunch problems I have seen are because:
	1) dbus wasn't compiled with X11 support
	2) dbus-launch could not be found
	3) $DISPLAY wasn't set or the X server denied the connection
	4) the machine-id file wasn't generated
	   (I have not seen this one for a year)

So, for all I know, it wasn't broken before. (I am not reverting your change
though)

--
   Thiago Macieira   -   thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint: