On Sun, 14 Oct 07 17:43, Allen Winter wrote: > On Saturday 13 October 2007 6:50:25 pm Armin Berres wrote: > > /usr/share/emoticons/Default/*.png > > /usr/bin/imagetops > > /usr/bin/kcmshell > > /usr/bin/kfile > > /usr/bin/kdostartupconfig > > /usr/bin/khotnewstuff > > /usr/bin/kstartupconfig > > /usr/bin/ksvgtopng > > IMHO it is really really important to find a solution for this problem. > > I guess people would be quite annoyed when applications aren't ported to > > KDE4 yet, but they can't use the KDE3 applications. > > > Yes, we need to fix this. > > Please post a proposal for new names so we can comment and > then make the necessary fixes. The Debian KDE packaging team votes for appending a 4 to the applications and rename the Default directory to Default4. /usr/bin/kcmshell4, /usr/bin/kfile4 and so on. Seems as if the same was already done with kbuildsycoca4, kdeinit4, knotify4 and others. Greetings, Armin