Thomas Zander wrote: > On Monday 15 October 2007 14:05:03 Kurt Pfeifle wrote: >> openSUSE-10.2 does. > > Odd, KDEBase from KDE4 is not released yet, and will not be for some months. So what? Don't you yourself build from SVN sources even if nothing is officially "released" yet? > So how can it be installed already? :) The build service has nightly/weekly/whatever builds from SVN (and AFAIU is also meant to be a continuing "dress rehearsal" for final builds once a release occurs. Hmmmm.... the packages haven't been up- dated since about 10 days now -- maybe that's because they want to put new ones "hold" until the next (beta/dev-platform) release...?) > Maybe you mean that the betas are co-installable, which is a completely > different thing. While you may be technically correct about the "completely different thing", I don't think it would be a good investment of time and effort to make betas co-installable, and remove that support again for a final release. I'm inclined to think that's meant to work for final too. They're also installing all binaries as /usr/bin/k* (no more like KDE3 as /opt/kde3/bin/k*), so.... I'm myself not sure if I should be happy or unhappy about the chosen installation path (and don't know: was that an openSUSE decision? is that now KDE4 "policy"? why -- to comply with LSB?), but in any case that's the direction openSUSE is heading to... -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS Infotec Deutschland GmbH ..................... Hedelfinger Strasse 58 A RICOH Company ........................... D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany