On Fri, 12 Oct 07 14:31, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote: > On 8/13/07, Fathi Boudra wrote: > > in the similar idea of the kdelibs 3/4 conflicts thread, > > any plans to make kdelibs 3/kdebase 4 co-installable ? > > > > so far, we have kdelibs 3 and kdelibs/kdepimlibs 4 co-installable. > > we have tested kdelibs/kdepimlibs/kdebase 4 with kdelibs 3 and conflicts: > > > > /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/*/actions/knewstuff.png > > /usr/bin/kcmshell > > /usr/bin/kstartupconfig > > /usr/bin/kioexec > > /usr/bin/khotnewstuff > > /usr/bin/kfile > > /usr/bin/imagetops > > /usr/bin/kinstalltheme > > /usr/bin/kdostartupconfig > I didn't realize that this was a problem still, but pusling (fearless debian > dude) was telling me that this problem still exists today. I just had a short look and it seems as if the following files conflict right now (KDE3 3.5.8 vs. KDE4 Beta3): /usr/share/emoticons/Default/*.png /usr/bin/imagetops /usr/bin/kcmshell /usr/bin/kfile /usr/bin/kdostartupconfig /usr/bin/khotnewstuff /usr/bin/kstartupconfig /usr/bin/ksvgtopng Other files are part of the Development packages which aren't coinstallable anyway. > I know we went to some degree of effort in trying to pre-empt this with the > likes of kbuildsycoca4, etc. Is there a strategy for getting past the > kdelibs3/kdebase4 package conflicts, does anyone know? IMHO it is really really important to find a solution for this problem. I guess people would be quite annoyed when applications aren't ported to KDE4 yet, but they can't use the KDE3 applications. Greetings, Armin