List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: move ldap ioslave into kdepim(libs)
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-10 19:25:24

On Wednesday 10 October 2007, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op wo 10 okt 2007 20:08 schreef u:
> > I object. kio_imap belongs to kdepim.
>
> Hmm. Why? If someone wants to write a new mailclient based on kio_imap it should \
> depend on kdepim?

The opposite question (which is more important, according to past experience) is the \
following:  if kdepim-4.1 needs kio_imap improvements, how could it do that, and \
still work with kdebase-runtime-4.0.x (which by that time will be the one available \
everywhere)? This is the issue we had in the past, which led to forking kio_imap - \
surely that can't be a good thing to do again in the future.

A new mailclient based on kio_imap should depend on kdepim-kioslaves (splitted by the \
packagers), I don't see what the problem is.