List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    CMake Find*.cmake modules
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2007-09-30 15:59:23

Hello,

Why do we have so many duplicated FindXXXX.cmake modules? I mean
duplicated meaning both:
- Two (sometimes even more) FindXXXX.cmake modules
- Two copies of the same FindXXXX.cmake modules

A quick and by no means comprehensive search discovers:
* 8 different FindQt4.cmake
* 5 different FindStrigi.cmake
* 3 different FindKDEWIN_Packager.cmake
* 2 copies of the same FindLibExtractor.cmake
* 2 copies of the same FindLIBGS.cmake
* 2 copies of the same FindLibintl.cmake
* 2 slightly different FindLibXml2.cmake
* 2 different FindMySQL.cmake
* 2 different FindOpenBabel.cmake
* 2 different FindWinSCP.cmake
* 2 copies of the same MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake

At this point I became bored of diff'ing files, but there are more
duplicate modules:
* 2 FindXine.cmake
* 2 FindX11.cmake
* 2 FindSasl2.cmake
* 2 FindSane.cmake
* 2 FindQwt,cmake
* 2 FindQScintilla.cmake
* 3 FindPkgConfig.cmake
* 4 FindPoppler.cmake
* 2 FindPopplerQt4.cmake
* 2 FindCppUnit.cmake
* 2 FindEigen.cmake
* 2 FindLucene.cmake
* 2 FindExiv2.cmake
* 2 FindGMM.cmake
* 2 FindGNUWIN32.cmake
* 2 FindCLucene.cmake
* 2 FindGLIB2.cmake
* 2 FindIMLIB.cmake
* 2 FindGSL.cmake
* 2 FindKDE4Internal.cmake

Wouldn't it be nice to have a single FindXXX.cmake for each XXX and
have all them in the same place? (kdesupport?)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org