On Saturday 29 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > David Faure wrote: > >On Saturday 29 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > >> Maksim Orlovich wrote: > >> >> On 9/28/07, Nhuh Put wrote: > >> >>> Hello > >> >>> I would like to remove the KAutoSaveFile class from kdecore on > >> >>> next Monday > >> >>> and put it in the class collection in the wiki. > >> >>> It isn't used anywhere. > >> >> > >> >> This is a new-for-4.0 class. That's why it is not yet used > >> >> anywhere. You may get hunted down and damaged if you remove it. :) > >> > > >> >The tradition has always been that classes should not be added to > >> > kdelibs w/o users. When did that change? > >> > >> This class was added because something needed it. I am kind of > >> surprised that nothing is using it, because there was a clear need for > >> it. KOffice applications should be using it. > > > >Should it move to KOffice until it has been proven to work and then > > moved back to kdelibs? (This allows to change the API meanwhile if > > necessary). > >Or are kate developers interested in using it too? > > Kate was one of the targets of this class. But, if Kate doesn't have > auto-save, then the class can move to KOffice libraries. It's probably a good idea to use it. But kate does not use it, yet, and it would surprise me if already does in 4.0. Moving it to kdelibs later works for use, I guess. CC: kwrite-devel Dominik