List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: workaround for glibc bug
From:       "Maksim Orlovich" <mo85 () cornell ! edu>
Date:       2007-09-28 17:19:56

> Distributions probably can backport the solution. I won't comment on how
> trivial or complex that task is. That's why we need to get the word out
> now,
> so that they have time to do it.

Does anyone here have a good contact/working relation with the glibc
development community? I would guess 2.6.90 is a development version
for 2.7; and it may be good to ask them to at least consider backporting
it to 2.6.x. Certainly the glibc developers should at least be able to
comment on the feasibility and sanity of backports for the fix.