List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig not reading translated entries
From:       Mauricio Piacentini <mauricio () tabuleiro ! com>
Date:       2007-09-27 0:14:31

 >>today in kdegames we realized that KConfig seems not to readlocalized
 >>entries from .desktop files.
 >You are right, when using KConfig::setLocale(), the given locale is
 >never passed through to the KConfigBackend.

Just to complement, while the example that Albert posted uses
setLocale() explicitally, the bug can also be reproduced without it. In
other words, unstranslated strings would be returned as well when
KDE_LANG is set for example. Not sure if the patch attached covers this
case as well.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini