List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Sane pseudo random colors; was: PieChart widget
From:       Olaf Schmidt <ojschmidt () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-20 16:15:16

[ Jaroslaw Staniek, Do., 20. Sep. 2007 ]
> BTW, regerding your screnshot, I am bit tired having all these colors
> Qt::red, Qt::green, Qt::blue colors reminding me the MS DOS' CGA era.

Every use of hard-coded colours is a bug:
* They might clash with the user-chosen
* They can create serious accessibility problems for partially-sighted users
(colour blindness; people who need to use dark colour schemes because of
light allergy)

> How about defining the sequence of colors(in kdelibs?), probably based on
> KDE 4's official palette. Such a sequence then can be used by default in KDE
> apps in charts?

Applications should use the KColorScheme to get reasonable foreground and
background colours. They can also mix those colours with KColorUtils if they
need more.

Olaf