List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-09-20 11:44:10

On Monday 17 September 2007 14:16:56 pinheiro wrote:
> > No, the hack to use the inactive control color palette for entire
> > windows is just broken and can never be made to work properly.
>
> Plese explain me how come? sory coding is not my experties.

Let me correct the statement from Richard at the top;  using the inactive
color palette for whole applications is broken by design.
There are lots of reasons for this, for example the window managers don't
allow us to group windows together to mark them as a group.  Which is
needed so the dockwidget (/helper window) is not marked as deactivated
when focus moves to the mainwindow.

For that reason alone Oxygen doesn't have a chance to do this correctly.

As I stated in another thread; this stuff was designed to do things like
change the selection color. And if you use it differently you can run
into problems. If these problems are actual bugs is then open for
interpretation :)
--
Thomas Zander