On Monday 17 September 2007, Matthew Woehlke wrote: > Richard Dale wrote: > > All I can say is when I first tried this > > change, it made the KDE4 UI look like a dog's breakfast. > > Somewhere in this thread, I /did/ mention that there are bugs :-). Of > course it won't work first try, because no one has really tried it > before (that I know of, at least who hasn't abandoned the effort), and > so many bugs have never been visible. > > Please report any bugs caused by Inactive!=Active, I know they're out > there. I've already reported to TT that there is no inactive+disabled, > and that QListWidget and QTreeWidget are broken. I also know that konq's > address bar has a state bug, I fixed a state bug in dolphin > (KFileItemDelegate actually) and of course pinotree reported serious > problems in Okular (I'm working on getting kdegraphics built so I can > check that out). > > > Do we have any > > examples of styles where Active and Inactive don't look the same which > > are visually appealing? > > As pinheiro noted... oxygen? ;-) It helps also to not go overboard with > the difference; -0.3 for IntensityShade is maybe too much, I've started > using -0.2 here. OK, then sorry for being a bit rude - I should have read the Qt api docs at the start. I think the only thing that really went wrong with this change is that it should have be style-specific to Oxygen from the start, and should never have been a global change to all styles in the svn even if labelled 'Temporary'. I just build the default stuff in the svn and haven't enabled Oxygen, and so plastik or whatever the default style is, shouldn't never have been affected. -- Richard