On Friday 07 September 2007 10:03, Allen Winter wrote: > Howdy, > > We, The Release Team, hereby announce that we are accelerating the > KDE 4.0.0 schedule [1] 2 weeks by removing 1 Beta and slightly > extending the Release Candidate cycle. > > Additionally, we are introducing a new "KDE Development Platform" > release to occur in late October. These release will contain all the bits > and pieces necessary to develop KDE4 applications; meaning it will > include kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdebase/runtime. > NOTE the earlier freeze date for these modules and make sure you > don't miss the deadline (3 Oct) to get your fixes in. > > The schedules look like this: > > KDE 4.0.0 Development Platform > ========================= > For modules: kdesupport, kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdebase/runtime > 3 October (Wed): Freeze -- Only critical bugfixes allowed after this date > 24 October (Wed): Tagging > 30 October (Tue): Release KDE Development Platform 4.0.0 It hasn't really been mentioned, so here I ask: how do these freezes effect cmake ? What I'd still like to do: -merge KDE4_ADD_TEST_EXECUTABLE() into KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE(... TEST ...), must be before 4.0. I hope I can do this this week. -go through the FindKDE4Internal.cmake and KDE4Macros.cmake and check that everything's still consistent and we offer a nice cmake interface for KDE. This can bring up more issues like the one above. E.g. the new KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON() macro may need renaming. -KDELibsDependencies.cmake may need some changes (for Windows: no fixed paths, no "+" in library names) -maybe some changes may be required for Windows (mainly installation related) -cleanups where required The problem is, from september 22nd to october 7th I'll most probably won't have any internet access because I'll be moving back to Germany. I hope to have internet access after that, but it may take to november to have full access again. Would it be ok to require a newer version than CMake 2.4.5 for Windows ? I think we should allow this if it may be required. Ralf, Christian: which version of cmake are you using, is 2.4.5 good enough on Windows ? Alex I'm not subscribed to the release mailing list, since I don't feel like part of the release team, but I think especially for a "KDEDK" release cmake should be taken into account.