List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Temporary KColorScheme change - hard-code some state colors
From:       "Jos Poortvliet" <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-16 10:59:48

On 9/16/07, pinheiro <nuno@oxygen-icons.org> wrote:
> A Sunday 16 September 2007 11:23:00, Tom Albers escreveu:
> > Op zo 16 sep 2007 12:15 schreef u:
> > > Think i will replay everytime so I get myself listen and understod about
> > > that.....
> > > You are confusing a feature that can go all the way into that maximum
> > > difrence to a defoult that will be barly visible. The control UI is not
> > > done yet soo right now its in maximum values so we could test it........
> > > ofcouse it loks ugly and unaceptable its in maximum values.
> >
> > Yes, sorry I missed that bit and that you had to repeat yourself, but we
> > are close to a release, we can not test anymore, we must finish things. So
> > please adjust the value to a reasonable default, so that the beta releases
> > we are making actually make sense to our users.
> >
> > Toma
>
> Yes but frist the pallete must be fixed no point on fixing somthing that is
> dependent on another one that is broken...

Let me propose to let the artists and usability people figure this
out. Let matthew and Pinheiro play. If we don't like the END RESULT
(and please stop stop stop bitching about the current look, as it's
simply NOT meant to look that way) it will SIMPLY be a matter of
changing a DEFAULT color scheme setting. Don't tell me that's a huge
issue, stability-wise, cuz I don't believe that.

Let them make it how it's supposed to look. Give em time until at
least the first RC. If the community (eg all of us) then decide it
sucks, flashes, is bad for performance etcetera, we turn it off. No
changing code, just a default setting.

Yes, they maybe should've done it in a seperate branch. But let's stop
talking about past mistakes, OK? and let them do their job, and let us
do ours. I talk and blog, you guys code, pinheiro does his pretty
mockups and matthew plays with his color scheme stuff. Comment on his
code, not on the defaults he temporarily sets.