Le samedi 15 septembre 2007, Kuba Ober a écrit : > On Friday 14 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > > On Friday 14 September 2007 20:45:11 Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > > > It looses the feature to "print to pdf" for nearly *any* other file > > > type (text, images, PS) when loaded into the standalone kprinter > > > dialog, as it is supported now when you selected "Convert" in the > > > dialog that comes up by printing non-PS files (well, maybe the feature > > > was lost through the bitrotting process in recent 12-18 months, but it > > > used to work fairly well). > > > > > > I'm not complaining -- just want to make sure you're aware what gets > > > lost by the current changes. > > > > Then explain, because I did not understand what you said above. > > > > When is the print dialog shown outside KDE applications? > > I regularly use kprinter instead of lpr. Makes life easy and sweet. One > wishes Windows had something like that. Loosing almost any aspect of > kprinter's functionaly would make me personally very unhappy. > > So, there's one user input, for what it counts. Just my 2 cents to add to Kuba words (and taking into account that I just followed this discussion on the surface...): I also like a lot the old KDE print framework, it's so easy to use! And kprinter is a must-have, I think. Anyway, I'm confident that people involved in this part of KDE will produce a great solution :-) Best regards, Kleag -- KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE http://gna.org/projects/ksirk KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer