On Sunday 09 September 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Kurt Pfeifle wrote: > >> Yes, but that's something that should be set up in the print > >> configuration system.  It's not something the applications themselves > >> should be doing. > > > >What about me, the user who notices the fuckup, and wants to > >correct it?? > > That's exactly the point: the user should be correcting it, not the > application. > > Why should the application developer decide to use different margins if he > doesn't even know what kind of printer will be used with his application? > > Setting the margins is a feature for the printing system, but not > necessarily an API for the class. This all sounds just so weird. Why do we need margin settings in a print dialog?! That's something that belongs to page format/page properties or whatnot. Kuba