Thomas Zander wrote: > On Friday 14 September 2007 23:33:27 Kurt Pfeifle wrote: >> Thomas Zander wrote: >>> Maybe you can look into the following item we have on the TODO; >>> question: Can we add a 'virtual printer' to Cups which does nothing >>> but write to a file in a format like postscript or PDF ? >> This is possible (even now) > [] >> Also, for the user it would require to have CUPS installed in the first >> place, and have it working too, and the daemon started up... > > I would have thought you were the first that would applaud efforts to make > cups more mainstream by making it a more core component that more parts > depends on :) No, I'm trying to think of the best (and if possible, most lean) so- lution to get a specific task done quickly, the most easy way :-) > Anyway, you are writing emails too fast. Hey, it's all I can do for now :-) (Damn, had SUSE a working kde4-okular package for PDF viewing, I'd be playing with that now, and annoy tsdgeos and pinotree with some bug reports for a change... But they don't.) > I want to do some hacking and > enjoy my evening as well :) Your mails all have the same tone of doom > and helplessness. (which I entirely understand, btw) > > I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this stuff has my and TTs > attention. Consider that I'm one of the largest backers of a printing > system that will "just work". I mean, I have just spent 2 years off on my > own time writing a word processor. Which is useless without proper > printing. :-) Consider my motivation here. Yes, KWord suffered most from the 3 major deficiencies in Qt (TrueType fonts, custom page sizes, PS Level 1 only). > We have a roadmap, and the manpower to keep to it, which is better then > you will have seen in years in kdeprint. /me keeps hoping and tries to shut up for now (unless he sees more mails that cause his knee-jerk response alarm to cause his fingers to type a response). -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS Infotec Deutschland GmbH ..................... Hedelfinger Strasse 58 A RICOH Company ........................... D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany