Bart Coppens wrote: > On Friday 14 September 2007 23:46, David Faure wrote: >> It will simply not have the >> "print preview from the print dialog" which was a rather confusing feature >> anyway, most people don't expect it there. > Actually, what I'd have loved to see, is that you could print preview from the > printer dialog, and uncheck the pages that you don't want to see printed. > > Think for example about Konqueror printing 3 pages that are almost completely > empty, with only the first page containing actually useful data. Exactly that is one use case where I use the print preview regularly. Another one is Kate. Its print dialog extensions to "prettify" the printout rocks! But I often need to adjust a few things first (text is not page orien- ted, but when printed it sucks when a heading is the last line on a page), like adding a few empty lines here and there, increasing/decrea- sing margins, set header/footer, which I need to preview (or waste lots of paper + time(!)). > Having to > print preview, abort, remember the right page numbers, etc, is pretty > annoying there. I don't think this use-case for a print preview dialog at > this point is far-fetched. I agree. It seems only far-fetched to a developer who thinks of his own applica- tion only, and who has implemented a well working preview there already :-) -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS Infotec Deutschland GmbH ..................... Hedelfinger Strasse 58 A RICOH Company ........................... D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany