Jos Poortvliet wrote: > And finally, KWin can do this, the style doesn't have to. Blurring, > desaturating or darkening inactive windows seems a (compositing) > windowmanager job to me. No, it can't. - kwin has to ignore certain windows, these will be inconsistent without the palette trick. - kwin can't do effects with foregrounds because it doesn't know what foregrounds are, it just has a big ol' pixmap of the whole window - what about other wm's? Everyone keeps bringing this up, and I'll keep saying the same thing: kwin can help (ok, so someone go hack on kwin already), but it is not a total solution. I would *like* to see eventually kwin and KCS cooperating, with KCS handling the foreground effects (and inactive effects, which I haven't heard anyone complaining about yet), and kwin handling the overall effects... *most* of the time. -- Matthew The prhase "less is more" takes on a whole new meaning if you think about standard Unix tools.