On Thursday 13 September 2007 21:39, Leo Savernik wrote: > Am Donnerstag, 13. September 2007 schrieb Alex Merry: > > The only > > thing we'd lose in the long run from not having our own KPrinter class > > should be arbitrary page selection from with the printing dialog (it's > > still possible from within the application - such as checkboxes on a > > page thumbnail view: there's a "selection" option in the print dialog).   > > I think the current direction is right. But this paragraph scares me. It > effectively means that virtually no application will support page ranges > any more. For page-oriented applications (kword, okular, kghostview) it > means those have to provide a different interface that has yet to be > discovered by the user. The kghostview interface is suitable for picking > single pages, but the interface is awkward if you wanted to select, e. g., > 1-50, 100-250, 270-310, 350-375, 425-505. > > One certainly could issue separate print jobs for each range, but then they > have to perform state tracking. Therefore, I ask to keep in mind not to > fully exclude the possibility of enabling range selection in a later > release when designing the interface. > > mfg > Leo In my honest opinion multiple print range selection belongs into a print dialog. It's a quite usefull feature and I'm often using it. (ok a weak reason, but Microsoft office and Openoffice.org has it too) Kind regards Joseph Wenninger -- Do not dream your life but live your dreams! KATE developer - Joseph Wenninger