Thomas Zander wrote: > On Sunday 09 September 2007 12:50:50 Kurt Pfeifle wrote: >>> That's exactly the point: the user should be correcting it, not the >>> application. >> OK, maybe I misunderstood, and maybe I still do. What arrived in my >> brain amounted to "we don't need to support margins in kprinter, no- >> body really uses them". > > I recall we (you and I) had this confusion before; what you > call 'kprinter' is something quite different from this thread means with > it. > > The KPrinter (note the capitalization) C++ class is the KDE equivalent of > the QPrinter one. I always noted that capitalization :-) And I assumed that the named C++ class is a core element of what makes up "kprinter" for the user (...and replacing it with what Qt provides was reducing kprinter's feature list quite heavily -- otherwise, why don't I see most of the stuff I'd need in Qt Assistant's print dialog?). > And we should get rid of the KDe one. > This has little to no effect on the user-perceived functionality of the > kdeprint package as a whole. If you manage to do that: great! -- Kurt Pfeifle System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS Infotec Deutschland GmbH ..................... Hedelfinger Strasse 58 A RICOH Company ........................... D-70327 Stuttgart/Germany