On 9/9/07, Constantin Berzan wrote: > Hello, > currently KTabBar emits mouseDoubleClick(int) if a tab has been double > clicked, but if the empty space next to the tabs has been double clicked, no > signal is emitted. > > I see two possible solutions: > * emit mouseDoubleClick(-1) > * create a new signal emptySpaceDoubleClick() > > The first solution is easier, at the expense of having a "magic" value. > Suggestions? Opinions? Should something be done about middle clicks too? > > (Note this problem only occurs when using KTabBar without a KTabWidget, e.g. > in Konsole) I don't want to interrupt on a technical level, but: having the ability to open a new tab by doubleclicking the empty tab area is pretty usefull. So the more apps have that, the better - also for the sake of consistency. I guess having either one of the above would make it easier (and more obvious) to do that, thus helping this...