Ralf Habacker schrieb: > Tom Albers schrieb: >> At Thursday 06 September 2007 11:22, you wrote: >> >>> One missing point: >>> >>> KPrintDialogPage does not now anything about windows printer, so >>> people may think that using QPrintDialog would help. >>> This helps to be able to select windows printers and all the other >>> stuff like page selecting, page format and so on, but does not >>> support application specific printer dialog extending (like umbrello >>> does for diagram selecting) because QPrintDialog on win32 uses the >>> native Printing Dialog (PRINTDLG Api function). >>> >> >> Hi, >> Which raises the question: do win32 users not see a native dialog >> with the current print setup? >> > no, the kde provides pint setup page is displayed. >> I'm still not convinced we should not use QPrintDialog, it would save >> us a lot of problems in the future. > May me my statement was a little unclear: QPrintDialog would be a good > choice, but it lacks a few features recent KDE printing api provides. > Using QPrintDialog on win32 requires to rewrite the native Print > Dialog because probably it will not be possible to extend the native > print Dialog or does anyone see such a way ? It looks that there is a way to extend a native PrintDialog.There is a similar function named PrintDlgEx http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646942.aspx, which says "The *PrintDlgEx* function displays a *Print* property sheet that enables the user to specify the properties of a particular print job. A *Print* property sheet has a *General* page containing controls similar to the *Print* dialog box. The property sheet can also have additional application-specific and driver-specific property pages following the *General* page." Especially the "application-specific property pages" feature seems to be the required way. More informations about the customizing could be found on http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646966.aspx. To implement such support the win32 implementation of QPrintDialog has to be extended. Ralf