Hi, during my KDE4 porting for KFileWidget and KDirOperator I faced some interfaces which should be fixed, but I initially thought to postpone this for KDE5 as we somewhen have to stop changing interfaces... Anyway after commiting a comment for KDE 5 Oswald replied: > > SVN commit 708602 by ppenz: > > > > added comment for KDE5 (no typo ;-)) > > > > --- trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kfile/kfilewidget.h #708601:708602 > > @@ -257,7 +257,8 @@ > > -   virtual void setPreviewWidget(const KPreviewWidgetBase *w); > > +    // ### KDE5: remove 'const', as the widget must get layouted and > > will be deleted +    virtual void setPreviewWidget(const > > KPreviewWidgetBase *w); > > that's silly. there is no reason not to make such an unobtrusive change > next monday. I'm not aware about any application using a custom preview widget in the file dialog, so I agree to Oswald that the interface change would be unobtrusive. Changing the interface would imply to change: - void KDirOperator::setPreviewWidget(const QWidget *w) + void KDirOperator::setPreviewWidget(KPreviewWidgetBase *w) to prevent nasty casts... Is it OK doing this change next Monday? I fully understand if the answer is 'no'... Thanks! Peter