On 30/08/2007, Thiago Macieira wrote: > On Thursday 30 August 2007 00:56:14 Gavin Beatty wrote: [snip] > > The link was added about an hour ago. I'm hoping that there is an > > initial delay in the posts propagating for a new list as 2 posts so > > far have not propagated. > > Please remove it. > > It's a temporary list and only for those who are really interested in making > it happen. That is, people who have already voiced their opinions on the > buildsystem and are willing to get their hands dirty. I don't have karma enough either. I simply requested on kde-www that a link be put up. Adriaan was just kindly doing what I asked. On 30/08/2007, Adriaan de Groot wrote: > On Thursday 30 August 2007 10:48, Josef Spillner wrote: > > On Thursday 30 August 2007 09:41:24 Thiago Macieira wrote: > > > It's a temporary list and only for those who are really interested in > > > making it happen. That is, people who have already voiced their opinions > > > on the buildsystem and are willing to get their hands dirty. > > Thiago's message makes me want to reply to all website change requests in > future with "Are you sure? " "Really sure? " "Please > provide 3 GPG-signed statements from KDE e.V. members confirming that you > want this. "; the people on the receiving end of website > requests like "please add this mailing list" have *no* way of guessing the > intentions or the consensus reached elsewhere. It's an annoying way to work. Like I said, I simply requested a link because I looked for one and did not find :P There was no consensus because I asked straight away for a link. To my mind there was no need for a consensus. I can only think of two arguments against there being a link: 1. The list is too "sensitive" and will fracture our community image. - I disagree. 2. It will now get flamed by SCM fan-boys and those who really don't know what they're talking about and signal:noise will be unacceptable. - This is what list moderators/admins are for. -- Gavin -- www.mathsoc.com