List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    death to kdeaddons, long live extragear!
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-29 19:06:57

hi all...

i'd like to propose that we kill kdeaddons for kde4 and instead move
everything worth keeping to extragear/.

we will be releasing appropriately tagged items in extragear/ with each kde
release, so they will still get releases.

but this will do two things:

- eliminate a rather odd little duckling of a module
- emphasize extragear better
- give packages just one place to pick extra addons from (extragear) rather
than multiple

as an aside: even if this doesn't happen, plasma will not be using kdeaddons
for non-core plugins but extragear exclusively.

i can move things out of kdeaddons over the next two weeks if this gets
approved. it will also provide a good excuse to do some spring cleaning in
there =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se