List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Installed sounds (no, really)
From:       Sebastian =?utf-8?q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-29 9:52:10

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 11:46:40 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On 8/28/07, Jaison Lee <lee.jaison@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I see two solutions here:
> > > 1) Remove all the sounds put new theme in
> > > 2) Move all sounds to a classic theme and put new theme in (Nuno way)
> > >
> > > With 1) old sounds are lost, not that I will miss them ;) but,
> > > nostalgic are all around.
> > > 2) seems pretty much an obvious solution. Have you listened the
> > > Oxygen theme? it's not really "virtually the same".
> >
> > You really need to reread the majority of these threads.   :)
>
> Come on guys, let's hug. It seems we are going to keep those old sound that
> aren't duplicating Oxygen directly (eg old and new beep - keep new. Old
> howling pinguin, new howling dog - keep both). It's OK to relax now.

That won't work as it makes the Oxygen theme inconsistent. We really need two
different themes here. The new one (committed already, but needs some cleanup
and polishing) and the old one (cleaned up and converted to .ogg).

In anyway, let's try to keep this discussion productive and avoid stepping on
each other's toes.
--
sebas