On Monday 27 August 2007 11:59:31 Matthias Kretz wrote: > Hi, > > I'd like to add two methods to Phonon::AbstractMediaStream to allow for > easier memory management. Basically so far the ownership of the stream > stayed with the application, but I want to give the application the > possibility to pass ownership to Phonon. > Rationale: The application cannot know the exact point in the application > where the stream is not used anymore. And most of the time it's a "create, > set and forget about it" operation anyway. I even need the autoDelete > property internally for the KIO stream. If the app cannot know when to delete something, then why not have ownership completely in Phonon instead? -- Bradley T. Hughes - bhughes at trolltech.com Trolltech ASA - Sandakervn. 116, P.O. Box 4332 Nydalen, 0402 Oslo, Norway