List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Trouble with glib2, pkg-config and cmake under Debian
From:       Josef Spillner <spillner () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-22 9:04:29

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 10:39:41 Hans Meine wrote:
> But as Thiago points out, there are problems with programs like cmake and
> qmake, which need only the path, not the cmdline args for the compiler.
> This needs workarounds like this (from a .pro file):

I see. Wouldn't it be wise of us them to request a fix from the pkg-config
developers then?

And I remember I told in Dublin that declarative is better than imperative in
build systems, and somehow lost the discussion. Now there's better ammunition
available :)
A related issue is how automake merged the _INCLUDES into _CPPFLAGS, which I
also never understood.

Josef