List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: clarification on git, central repositories and commit access lists
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-22 7:44:09

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 03:13:59 am you wrote:
> Well, it is working in the sense that we can use git without disrupting
> things for those who wish to continue working with svn.   No, it isn't
> optimal for those who wish to completely convert to using git, but it is
> better than no git at all I guess.

It's almost exactly the same as using git init in your svn directory and using
git locally and using svn to commit. So you might as well lose git-svn.
What you use  on the client side doesn't matter at all in this discussion.
It's the central history that matters and it's the process that is an
improvement.