On Monday 20 August 2007 01:53:46 Robert Knight wrote: > Can I make a suggestion. I have no qualms with making the older > styles available to those who would like to use them. However, > there is the paradox of choice problem for users. At the moment my > styles list in Kubuntu has 17 options. Of those, about half are > styles which look "1990s" to me, a look which I personally do not > like. In order to find those styles which do appeal to me, I have to > wade through the "ugly" half. The current tools we provide to the > user to adjust their desktop's look and feel do not scale well. With > that in mind, and assuming they will not be re-written in time for the > KDE 4 release, a fairly limited out-of-the-box set would probably be a > good idea. That describes exactly the problem I had with "normal" people which I have seen digging through the style list. > As a simple step which would probably be easy to do, I think it would > be helpful to users (and distributors) if we were to 'brand' those > older styles as say, "Classic" for example and make it easy for the > distributions to package those styles separately from the more modern > ones created for KDE 4. To help users find the styles they are after > more easily, we could group them accordingly in the style selection > dialog. Yes, I also think that this would be a good idea. Note that the package where those styles should go, must not be called "kde-artwork" but should be called something like "kde(g)oldies". "kdeoldies" could furthermore ship a whole lot of old icons and styles so the user can straight dive into the good old days of non-flashiness ;-) Torsten > Regards, > Robert. > > On 19/08/07, pinheiro wrote: > > A Sunday 19 August 2007 21:20:43, Boudewijn Rempt escreveu: > > > On Sun, 19 Aug 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote: > > > > On Thursday 16 August 2007 15:49:46 Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > > > > > an acute lack of > > > > > any contrast so it takes real effort to see the state of the > > > > > widgets properly. > > > > > > > > Palette problem. As nuno pinheiro already said, it will NOT be that > > > > one default with oxygen. > > > > > > Possibly -- but if there's away to get a contrasting color for the > > > insides of a checkbox and and a radio button, that would be nice. And > > > checkboxes are a bit rounded, so I have a hard time distinguishing them > > > from radio buttons. > > > > i dont have that problem and they need to be in order to be coerent with > > the look of the style, also there is no real issu has radio butons are > > usualy used alog radio butons were checkboxes with checkboxes. > > > > > Boudewijn > > > > -- > > > > core oxygen icon designer -- Torsten Rahn Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192 credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080 Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz