List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: What to do about kColorBitmaps?
From:       Mosfet <daniel.duley () verizon ! net>
Date:       2007-08-14 1:30:03

<Matthew wrote>
There is currently one lonely, but not-so-infrequently-used function in
kdrawutil (from kdefx, which is slowly being removed): kColorBitmaps. It
would be nice if we could move this before the next beta (i.e. "next
Monday"), but where is a good place to put it? New KGraphicsUtils? KStyle
(not my first choice)? Somewhere else?
</Matthew>

I believe this is used pretty frequently by styles - not just widget ones,
(which will most likely be dumped),  but KWin styles as well, (which will
probably live on). Personally, I'd move it to kdeui but it's your call. I
don't think many newer styles will be colorizing bitmaps, tho...

<Matthew also wrote>
all that will soon be left of kdefx is KCPUInfo and kColorBitmaps
<//Matthew>

About KCPUInfo, Blitz has CPU detection based on it but that detects some more
flags and Qt has it's own internal ones. We got a lot of these... ;-)

Another issue I mentioned before is if we need the dither routine from kdefx.
This was used to dither to the KDE standard palette on 8bit/256 color
displays. I don't know if we are still going to support this, I can't imagine
Plasma on a 256 color display, but if we are that will have to be stuck
somewhere and I need to modify Blitz to use it.