List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Making kdefx static
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2007-08-03 20:34:53

Op vr 3 aug 2007 21:23 schreef u:
> As far as I know the plan is to introduce Blitz from Mosfet as
> replacement for kdefx in KDE 4.0 and replace that by Quasar for 4.1
> (when its ready). Blitz would be created as static library so its easier
> to remove later on and AFAIK Mosfet wanted to help in the porting
> effort. This would allow to svn rm kdefx completely for kde4.0

Hi,

I have some concerns about this:

- this looks like a new subsystem - the deadline for that has passed months back for \
that

- we are in beta right now - adding large pieces of new code - untested with real \
apps - in kdelibs should be avoided imho.

- replacing something with something else and replacing that again for 4.1 is not \
optimal - do we want to go on that road ?

My conclusion would be that it is too late in the release process to do it now. I \
would suggest to move it to a separate location. kdesupport has been mentioned.

I'm not the one to decide this, just venting my opinion here. If core developers say \
it is ok, I'm absolutely fine with it. Just wanted to raise it here.

Toma