List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: State of kdefx
From:       Kevin Ottens <ervin () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-07-30 20:39:09

Le lundi 30 juillet 2007, Matt Broadstone a écrit :
> No, Solid doesn't report information like this, though it _should_. A
> little OT here, but maybe we can get ervin to chime in on what the
> plan is in supporting more features like this in Solid, considering
> the api freeze.

I'm fine with adding this to Solid::Processor. Note that adding a method for
this can be done in a BC way, so you'd just have to wait for the next monday
to make use of it outside of kdelibs.

Why is it not done yet? Well, simply because there's only 24h in a day, and no
one requested it, or even better sent a patch. :-)

Right now, I admit it's low priority on my radar unfortunately, but if anyone
is willing to work on it feel free to subscribe on kde-hardware-devel or to
contact me for guidance (beware! I tend to push people to patch fd.o HAL
first).

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."