On Saturday 14 July 2007 12:17:00 pm Riccardo Iaconelli wrote: > On Saturday 14 July 2007 14:44:17 Allen Winter wrote: > > In summary, please respond if you: > >  - know about a new feature that can't be started before 25 July AND > >  - think this feature is critical to the 4.0 release AND > >  - want the freeze delayed > What are we going to do with plasma? there are some *vital* features (like > scripting) that are not implemented yet (altough the work going on on plasma > is a lot) and also the plasma libs lack many very important features. > Can an exception be made for it, and the freeze delayed? I think those > features are crucial for 4.0. > We need to differentiate Plasma (the framework) from Plasmoids (the "apps"). IMO: Plasma should be exempt from the feature freeze until we begin the Release Candidate cycle: it is simply evolving too quickly and it is far too important to the KDE 4 identity. We should draw the line on new Plasmoids at 25 July, I think. -Allen