Thiago Macieira schrieb: > Ralf Habacker wrote: > >> To get this stuff initial running on win32 I added a an experimental tcp >> backend (see appended patch) and got kio_file with kioslavetest and kate >> running. It uses an url form of tcp://: to make the >> Connection class able to select the correct backend. >> > > Thank you Ralf, I'll add it to my local tree and enable it to see how it > works. > > Is there any timeline for integrating this new connection stuff in kde svn ? > >> Another issue I had with connectToRemote(). In the method the connection >> state is set unconditional, although there may be errors returning from >> connectToHost. I had added a workaround, there may be better solutions >> for this. >> > > You're not supposed to use waitForConnected() with KSocketFactory-created > sockets. It works now, but I make no promises it will continue working in > the future. In special, if it requires downloading a JS script in order > to find the proxy, it may have to leave the returned socket in the > Unconnected state, instead of HostLookup. > > In any case, in this backend we can safely use QTcpSocket directly. There > should be no proxies in use for local KIO connections. > > I will update the patch. Ralf