List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE development with git
From:       Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-07-12 23:20:12

Disclaimer: I felt in love with git some days ago at aKademy. I'm actually
working with it when I have to work on major features on KDE (like the
krunner refactoring; I cannot commit things when they do not compile ;-) ),
but doing things like merging stuff back is a real pain, as I have to do
everything by hand.
On Wednesday 11 July 2007 18:13:20 Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> switching to anything decentralized is a complete paradigm shift -
> the conversion alone will be another multi-week task if you want to get
> anything remotely usable. i plan to grab that aKademy award in 2009. ;)
Git offers very useful tools for local usage, and we could think of using it
with a central repo. I'm not sure how well it will work with our developement
model, maybe it'll just be useful to re-bring to life some applications, or
extragear.

Anyway, I ran across this message a couple of hours ago, and for what I read
seems very promising:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=128111

> regarding paolo's current plan: in principle, it is no problem if he can
> set up a master git repo that is two-way synced with svn
I'd love to see that.

Bye,
-Riccardo
--