Simon Hausmann schrieb: > On Thursday 12 July 2007 08:12:40 Ralf Habacker wrote: > >> Thiago Macieira schrieb: >> >>> Paolo Capriotti wrote: >>> >>>> I do see the danger in having a zillion of different kde core projects >>>> spreaded in a number of hosting facilities, and that's exactly why I was >>>> proposing an "official" way to depart from svn. >>>> >>> And I strongly oppose any official depart from Subversion at this time. >>> >>> You may use any VCS you want for your projects, but Subversion is still >>> the only official VCS for KDE. You must import your code into Subversion >>> if you want KDE translations. And you must import your code into >>> Subversion if you want KDE Release Managers to release your code. >>> >>> So, yes, I do see the danger of spreading source code around into >>> multiple hosting websites. That's why I urge everyone to keep using >>> Subversion. >>> >>> It's too soon to move away from Subversion. Everyone agrees with that. >>> Even the supporters of git, because they (should I say we?) recognise >>> that git isn't ready yet. >>> >> On win32 there is a really cool graphical frontend for svn available >> which makes it very easy to work with svn. >> For git there is no native command line or graphical client available, >> only a cygwin based, which isn't a really option. So switching to git >> will throw back win32 development. >> > > That is actually not correct. There is a maintained mingw port of git that > works very well. (I am using it myself for the bits of Qt development I do on > Windows) > Thanks for this pointer. The information i had where from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_%28software%29#Portability A native Microsoft Windows port using MinGW is approaching completion,^ but there is more work to be done, including handling of CRLF line endings.^ Porting Git to Windows is difficult due to a number of architecture issues. Ralf