On Wednesday 11 July 2007 19:27:50 Paolo Capriotti wrote: > Yes, provided you don't publish your repository, because git-svn requires > you to rebase your local git commits on top of the svn repository, and that > may break commits done in another git repository. I just see that we have 2 scenarios: * 1: Switch svn.kde.org to something else (e.g. git) or run other systems in parallel. This increases the work for sysadmin, for script(y) writers and especially for casual contributors. * 2: Keeping SVN centrally and push the additional work for non-SVN systems towards those who want it. If you want to hack on the train or at home without internet connection (and that's what I read from aseigo's mail), using SVK is just fine and you simply replay all of your changes to SVN once in a while. If you want a more separate development branch, you can publish your SVK mirror for others to use as a repository. It's still using a central model, but it doesn't break the commits of others when replaying the commits to svn.kde.org. It's not ideal, and SVK needs 26 non-standard perl modules for not being ideal, but it works with the current system and covers the two use cases that I just mentioned. Realistically spoken, we can only have scenario 2. Josef