On 7/11/07, Paolo Capriotti wrote: > Git encourages a development model where many branches are created, features > are developed out of the main line, and then merged back to the master > branch. This is something which is hardly possible with svn (and impossible, > if one wants to keep some of the branches private), but IMHO highly > desirable for many KDE projects. And if I remember it correctly, this was one of the main reasons for the switch from cvs to svn. I don't understand the "hardly possible" bit as it is very easy to create branches and merge them back. In fact, this is done a lot in KDE.