On Jun 16, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Jonathan Riddell wrote: >> 2. System settings shows only a partial list of the modules >> (e.g. the theme manager is missing, which is needed for >> accessibility) > > Arguably the theme manager should be a separate application, but I'm > happy to include it along with a few changes (removing the links to > other control modules). Hmm, I see no reason for it to be include and would not make me happy if you included it. It should be a separate application. It was not included in system settings for a good reason and you don't need to include it because one person noticed it wasn't there and brought it up, a handful of modules are not there and they were removed for good reasons. Does it make any sense to have a background module and a theme module that lets you change the background? You do one of the following: - Configure the background/screensaver etc separately and externally have an application that can download themes install and configure them. - Only have the theme manager integrated in kcontrol as the one method to configure backgrounds etc. - Have both the separate modules and the theme manager in kcontrol Putting them both in kcontrol is (and was) just stupid. It just begs the user question: "Which is the right way to configure my background?" How would we document that action? -Benjamin Meyer