Jarosław Staniek said the following, On 2007-06-14 19:22: > I have installed /opt/kde4/share/kde4/servicetypes/kexihandler.desktop > by cmake from http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kexi/data/ > > But received this before crash: > > kio (KTrader): KMimeTypeTrader::weightedOffers( Kexi/Handler, Application ) > kio (KTrader): WARNING: KMimeTypeTrader: mimeType Kexi/Handler not found > kio (KTrader): query for mimeType Kexi/Handler, Application : returning 0 > offers > > Should application crash where there is no service type installed (or found)? Update: I used KMimeTypeTrader::query() instead of KServiceTypeTrader::query() by accident. Still, I found by the same accident that this method [1] with empty 'genericServiceType' argument causes assertion[2]: [1] KMimeTypeTrader::query( const QString & mimeType, const QString & genericServiceType =QString::fromLatin1("Application"), const QString & constraint = QString() ) [2] Assertion (kservicetypeprofile.cpp): KServiceOfferList KServiceTypeProfile::sortMimeTypeOffers( const KServiceOfferList& list, const QString& mimeType, const QString& gene { initStatic(); KServiceOfferList offers; KMimeTypeProfileEntry* profile = findMimeTypeProfile( mimeType, genericServiceType ); KServiceType::Ptr genericServiceTypePtr( 0 ); if ( !genericServiceType.isEmpty() ) { genericServiceTypePtr = KServiceType::serviceType( genericServiceType ); Q_ASSERT( genericServiceTypePtr ); //^^^^^^^ here ^^^^^^^^^ } How about removing this assertion (or replacing with a warning), because otherwise default "Application" (#2) argument is a nonsense as if it causes assertion. (or maybe the assertion cannot be reproducted outside of my system?) -- regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek Sponsored by OpenOffice Polska (http://www.openoffice.com.pl/en) to work on Kexi & KOffice: http://www.kexi.pl/en, http://www.koffice.org KDE3 & KDE4 Libraries for MS Windows: http://kdelibs.com, http://www.kde.org