Hello all, After the discussion of smartcards support in KDE, I've opened a few feature requests in Trolltech. --- 165594 - QSslKey Suggestion to Add interface to allow override http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=165594 Current state of QSslKey don't even allow setting OpenSSL RSA/DSA keys, it has no extension and no abstraction. Smartcard support can be added if a default constructor and setHandle() are added, or better a key interface is added, or best if they provide proper abstraction so that no OpenSSL interface be used (remove the undocumented handle stuff). 165235 - Suggestion: QSslSocket - Differ client certificate/key set http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=165235 This is important for browsers. Currently you must know in advanced if the peer require client certificate. This is not the case in many scenarios. I don't know how you planned to use this class with konqueror without this one. 165234 - Suggestion: QSslSocket - Add verifyPeer signal http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=165234 This is missing feature, TLS/SSL should verify peer before the socket is opened for business. This is important in term of security. Reopen 157892 - Allow OpenSSL to be located in non-default include and lib paths on Windows http://trolltech.com/developer/task-tracker/index_html?method=entry&id=157892 They are loading OpenSSL shared library dynamically!!! I don't want to guess why. As long as they are doing so, the need at least not use hardcoded library names, so different versions and locations may be specified. I asked to reopen the Windows bug in order to provide getenv () with QT_SSL_XXXX variables to specify which library to load. Of course the hardcoded may remain as defaults. --- It is so fun to work with their task tracker... You may discuss the problem freely and watch for changes... And have a complete description of a what required. Well... at least I wish this was the case. So if anyone can push these forward... Best Regards, Alon Bar-Lev.