Hans Meine wrote: > Maybe we should use clear terms, then. Apart from defining what a color is (I > don't intend to do so here), it appears to me as if the > terms "mixing", "blending", and "overlay[ing]" were used interchangably in > this thread. > > If you want to "mix" QColor::red and QColor::white, maybe there should be a > corresponding mixColor() function, too? (Which could e.g. linearly > interpolate between the RGBA vectors, without using any alpha formulas.) > That does not follow any graphics theory, but might be something expected by > users? It seemed to me that several people expected that. It's also what you do when making bands in gradients. > IMO, the term "blending" refers to alpha blending only, which is a specific > type of "overlay[ing]" (cf. OverlayMode). I suggested providing both. I would be happy to have: mix[Colors](QColor,QColor,) - and - overlay[Colors](QColor,QColor,) I guess that's more clear than either being named 'blend'? -- Matthew Ideas in this e-mail are larger than they appear and the writer may be smarter than he appears.