List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE and smartcard support
From:       "Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-23 16:19:07

On 5/23/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> > Wrong!
> > The gpgme->gpgsm->gpg-agent->scdaemon->pcsc-wrapper->pcscd
> > configuration is UNWORKABLE and NIGHTMARE to your users.
>
> so ... you have your own implementation of RSA that doesn't use gpg at all? if
> so, how does this work with gpg keyrings? that is pretty important since
> that's what everyone uses for things like key signing and web of trust.

QCA support S/MIME and I almost sure it also support gnupg via qca-gnupg.

But you have several issues to solve:
1. STARTTLS of SMTP and POP3, this will not be solved using QtSslSocket.
2. S/MIME, already supported by QCA via OpenSSL.
3. GPG, I guess this can continue to be performed by current
implementation, there is no advantage using other tools for this.

Alon.